Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Traveling Tuesday...

Work for me today was spent "on a boat in the water"!  Well, for a portion of it at least, which made me one HAPPY girl.  Since we have lived in Charleston, this is only the 2nd time that I have had the opportunity to go out on the water.  The 1st time was when we got engaged in September of 2009!  Grant proposed to me on a private sailboat that he had chartered for the night by Captain Will in the Charleston Harbor.  I will never forget this evening and how beautiful the views were across the water.....

                 

And the 2nd was today.....to GOAT ISLAND!  My boss, Bobby, and I took a potential group coming to Charleston in July of 2012 out to Goat Island for a site visit this afternoon.  I had heard so many stories about this island from Bobby, but never really understood why he loved it so much.  It was beautiful!  The pictures below were taken from a group he had back in May 2011.  
      
                                     
                           Guests walking the very long pier onto Goat Island from the Boat Shuttle

                                                        
                                                 Crab Crakin' smoking over the Fire Pit

I can't wait to sell this property to my future groups or potentially for my father's 60th Birthday Oyster Roast! :) WINK WINK.  OR Maybe I will plan my own 30th birthday party....and celebrate on this island!  I mean, who would not want to take a boat to an island that does not have any cars, street lights, or much of anything to say the least.   I foresee an oyster roast, lowcountry broil, or crab crakin' with the sounds of Blue Grass coming through the trees.  



4 comments:

  1. I love Goat Island! So fun. I can't believe you've only been on the boat twice in Charleston! We'll have to change that this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either! When we were in Atlanta it was every weekend. After the house the next step is BOAT! :)

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog--you're in such an exciting time in your life! That island sounds FABULOUS, I think you should plan a party for both you and your dad!

    ReplyDelete