Monday, January 16, 2012

Designing Your Dream Bedroom...

Sunday was the 1st day of reality that I really don't know how to design a home.  A party, not a problem, but a HOUSE...way too many options and it's our savings money that we are talking about.  I mean, buying a house and having to furnish it at the same time is NO fun!  If only someone would pay me to design my own house and maybe I could do this a little easier.  A budget definitely puts a damper on creativity!
Workshops
I received this email from Pottery Barn the other day that they are offering FREE design classes....yes, there is such thing as free. :)  This weekend was "How To Design Your Dream Bedroom".  Yep, it was a dream because I want everything in their store, but can't afford everything that I would like to have.  

Things I learned about Pottery Barn...they stuff two down comforter inside their duvet covers to make the bed look fuller.  (If only I lived in Alaska!)  They also put an empty duvet cover under the fitted sheet to help make the bedding look "more fitted".  Who knew....It is also the "new" thing to have mix matched furniture.  This makes my life more difficult because I like to have it match or I go CRAZY!  Guess that is the OCD in me, but if Pottery Barn says it is OK...Maybe I can convince myself that it is ok since they only sell 1 side table in a "full set".  Change is good! 
Hudson Bed, Full, Mahogany stain

So I found my dream Bed!  It is called the Hudson.  I love the dark mahogany solid wood and low foot board.  We need it to be low so that the dog does not scratch it jumping on and off the bed.  (He is spoiled rotten and sleeps in the bed more hours in the day than we do!) It also comes with a little bit of character in the wood design.  Now that I have the bed picked out, I need: Curtains, Pillows, Wall Color, Dresser, Side Tables (1 or 2 matching?!?), Rug or No Rug, Lamps, and Nick-Nacks.  I keep telling myself...One step at a time!

Next Sunday is "How to Set Up Your New Home"...


No comments:

Post a Comment