Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How Our Adventures Started...

Charleston.....the city in which I live and have grown to Love!  


My husband and I recently moved back to Charleston, South Carolina after a brief stop in Atlanta.  Prior to moving back we decided that it might be a nice idea to stay for awhile and settle down for once in our relationship.  We began our relationship 8 years ago, February, in Anaheim, California at a school convention for Club Managers Association of America. (That story will have to come later)  After graduating from The University of South Carolina, Go Gamecocks!, we moved to Denver, Colorado to have the experience of a lifetime.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to live there, meet some GREAT friends, and snowboard some amazing mountains.  The year flew by too fast, but we made a promise to our families that we would make the move back South to be closer to family.  


     


So, we made our way to where else.....Charleston!  An amazing city on the water with tons of history, unbelievable food, and people who like to party.  As a prior wedding planner and a current destination event planner, you could not ask for a better city to throw a party.


Along my journey of blogging you will hear me tell stories of my past adventures, but I am extremely excited about what the future adventures have in store.  The first being our new HOME!  We could not be more excited!  Upon moving back to Charleston it was our goal to find the perfect home.  Well, what really is the "perfect" home.  I mean with our budget you can't have your dream home, so I guess it has to be perfect....right?!?  Well, after months of searching I think we found our perfect home.  And on December 11, 2011 we started the adventure through all the hellacious paperwork to begin the process of building our 1st home! 


  

Next week we should be breaking ground on our new adventure of home ownership!  So along this journey we will need LOTS of assistance with home decor, paint colors, and what to purchase as far as furniture.  AKA: I have no idea how to decorate a home other than the Pottery Barn magazines that I envy.....If only I could hire one of their designers to do it for me!  Let the adventure begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment