Thursday, January 12, 2012

Paint Colors.....Seriously!

Seriously!  Who thought that picking out paint colors would be so difficult!  I mean there are over 1,000,000 to choose from, but how in the world are you suppose to choose the color of your walls based on a 1'' x 1'' square color blob. 


1st off: What in the world does Duo Base, Duo White, Eggshell mean?  And how do you know if you need a primer 1st before painting the color?  Looks like I have a lot of researching to do before heading out to the store and getting ripped off!  If you have any suggestions for the 1st timer on how to make this process easier, please do share!  


(I know what you are thinking...Go hire a painter to do this for you!  Well, what is the fun in that?!?)
   
Here are some thoughts on color samples thus far:
8 oz. Rainwater Interior Paint Tester # MSL120

Martha Stewart -  Heath (sounds like the candy) & Martha Stewart- Rainwater (who doesn't love water?)


Now the question is....How do you know which walls to put to put which color, when you don't have any furniture ?!?  I guess that is where my thought of a designer comes into play....I WISH!  Maybe someday down the road after I have messed up all the walls and my house doesn't match, will I be able to hire someone to come in and fix it for me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I need a re-paint soon....it is starting to peal off! I am telling you, I love that color!

      Delete