Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I think I can, I think I can....

Today I hit the FOUR mile marker on the path to 6.2.   After this adventure began on January 1st without even being able to run ONE mile without walking....I feel as if I hit a huge milestone today.  With only Seven and 1/2 weeks remaining, I have a lot of training to go before I get to where I need to be, but it is all worth it in the end.  
The best 10K in the country!
GET OVER IT...Cooper River Bridge Run!!
MARCH 31st, 2012


raceroute

DINNER DONE EASY....

Easy Mushroom Orzo
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley (I used dried Italian Seasoning)
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp dry white wine
1 tbsp low - sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 - 8 oz package of halved mushrooms
2 cups hot cooked orzo, or 1 cup uncooked rice shaped pasta


Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.  Add garlic, saute 1 minute.  Add parsley and next 8 ingredients (through Mushrooms); cook 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stir occasionally.  

Combine mushroom mixture and orzo in a medium bowl , and toss well to combine.  Top with Parmesan Cheese! ENJOY. :)

Brussels Sprouts
1 package Brussels Sprouts, sliced in half
1/2 onion, diced (we used red, but you could do either)
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper


Heat up a large sauce pan with olive oil.  Once hot, toss in the brussels sprouts and saute until slightly toasted.  Add a little salt and pepper to taste.  


Serve hot and enjoy!!!  

Happy Hump Day :)

1 comment: